Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Confessions from the Chopping Block

So... I'm broke. Happily broke, I might add... or perhaps I should say Cash Challenged. Not unexpected, we knew buying this house meant tightening the belt, and we've done that pretty well. Basically, there is nothing extra in our budget at the moment.

I had thought a few days ago about selling off some of my promo singles and such to try to raise the $125 I needed to go see the Statlers inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame. Then I realized I couldn't in good conscience spend that kind of money on one night when I didn't have $35 to get my hair cut.

Now already, please realize, that my hair is a rainbow of colors, because my colorist hasn't been in town lately. ;-) On top of the roots showing, it's in my face, straggly, and looking quite hideous. And of course... there's an Awards show this week. (Stay tuned for additional blogging on that.)

So, tonight I got out the scissors. I had a vision for what I wanted my hair to look like. Kind of heather locklear-ish. (Melrose Place Heather, not T.J. Hooker Heather.) So I started snipping.

And snipping.

And snipping....

And snipping.

There's a whole lot of hair in my bathroom garbage can. (And dang it, the ends were actually all the same color!) Left on my head... not so much. And what's there, isn't pretty. Do you remember when you were about 5, and you took your kindergarten scissors to your barbie doll? Yeah, that's me. Only barbie didn't have black hair with brown roots and grey streaks with an occasional red highlight sneaking in.

So if you see me any time in the next, say... 6 months... pretend not to notice that all of THAT is missing from my head. (Blame Sandi for the photo... she asked for it.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures!!! :D

Producer J. said...

um... NO.

Producer J. said...

ok, I changed my mind on the photo. Just think of how much easier my hair will be to color now that there'e only about half as much of it!

Anonymous said...

Okay, except for the picture was supposed to be of your remaining hair! LOL

Anonymous said...

You are a brave woman, J.! A "Meg Ryan" cut came to mind when I read your blog. :D

Anonymous said...

I remeber doing haircut on my dolls when I was a kid, but never on my own head... ;) The good thing with hair, is that is grow out again.

Sharon said...

My nine year old just cut his own hair too! One big hunk out of his bangs - looks 'spiffy'. :0)

Wanna picture of the hair still on your head (face shot preferred!) he he

Anonymous said...

I sooo need a haircut too! Maybe this will inspire me, LOL.

Anonymous said...

You certainly are brave....so, yes, lets see the new do J.;)

Anonymous said...

I second...or is it a third or fourth or fifth request for a current pic!

Paula

Producer J. said...

I'm sure I'll get one tonight at IBMA's.