Sunday, October 07, 2007

I do Believe -- I DO!

Wooooo hoooo! I'm in, I'm in, I'm IN!

I can't even begin to tell you how tired my fingers are from all the clicking and typing I went through tonight trying to figure out how I could get in to see Garth. But I'm in!

My goal, ever since I heard about this show back at GRS, was to be able to go with my son and daughter-in-law who live an hour outside of KC. I only get to see them a couple of times a year anyway, and they love country music, so I thought this would be an awesome thing for us to do together. Because it's going to be years before we got the opportunity again!

Then my brothers, who were with me the first time I met Garth and then later we all went to our first Garth concert together, heard about the show (Funniest thing ever - my brother emailed me a link to to a PG news article, not knowing I'd broken the news in the first place) all excited about going. I filled them in ahead of time about what I couldn't tell you, which was regarding the shows rolling backwords instead of forwards, and how many potential shows there could be. So we checked our calendars and our spouses and decided we were going regardless of the dates, and we needed 5 tickets - me, dave, jen, and my 2 brothers.

As you know, I couldn't get to a computer that day, so I just told them to handle it and let me know when we were going. My youngest brother got the five tickets we needed, but then both brothers decided to take their wives. Very cool, but that left my kids ticketless.

I didn't want to go without Dave and Jen after I'd told them I wanted us to go together, so I put the word out to people that might have extras that I was looking for tickets. Someone kindly offered me three for the 7th... Southwest had a Ding! fare... and I was seconds away from booking that when BOOM - something hit me.

The 7th. Of November. The CMA Awards.

Umm, yeah... I probably should be in town for that.

Not that Jon couldn't work the press room. But I was the one credentialed and although we have the same birthday, we don't look much alike.

So I started poking around on Ticketmaster, really wanting to take advantage of this Ding fare.

After searching every date for every option, including seats not together, I was getting ready to come post on here. In fact, I had started a new post called "I'm Not Too Proud To Beg" while I was bopping between Ticketmaster dates. Figured surely someone, somewhere, out of the 600 or so daily visitors I get, would have 3 tickets for any night other than the CMA's.

Then the Ticketmaster Gods smiled on me. And I'm pretty sure they don't smile often these days. I got three! Together!! Upper bowl, but at least we're in the building! And I think I have a ticket for the following night unless my brother gave it away too.

Lots of seats are opening up, so keep checking Ticketmaster if you're wanting to go -- single seats are especially abundant. At one point I'd found 2 single seats in the same row.

Ok. So I'm in! I get to go see Garth! I'm there Nov. 10th and 11th. Who's going to be in the crowd those nights screaming with me?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me, me, me. I had my own Garthangel who got me a ticket for Saturday night. :D

Paula

Anonymous said...

Yay J! I knew you'd be in :) Yay for you too Paula! Hope you all get to meet up.

Anonymous said...

Great news, Joyce!!!! I'm glad you got your tickets. :))
Ticketmaster cancelled my only two ticktes for the show Tuesday 6th, so now I'm looking for 2 new... And I can't look at ticketmaster obviously, bacause I've all ready bought 6 from them. And I have to pick my tickets up at Will Call, so to borrow someone elses creditcard isn't going to work either. Flying this long, and spending so much money on this, really make me want to go to 2 shows!

Unknown said...

Congrats J! It would not be the same without you seeing the g-man after all you've done to keep us in the garth loop. (that should be a new knot).

Somehow I'm going Fri, Sat, and Sun! I so can't afford this - but it's Garth... uh AND Trisha. I simply cannot miss this. I still can't believe he's doing this. Does he love us or what? Right back at ya, baby!

Thankfully he started adding backwards, otherwise it would have been impossible for me to get off work. Although I have my resignation letter in hand if they still decide not to let me off. You think I'm kidding, don't you? It's The Brooks Family - come on! ;)

Congrats to everyone else attending. Paula, girl - see you there!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, J! :D

Anonymous said...

Ooooo I'm going on the 10th. I just found out yesterday. We're driving 9 hours from Nashville. It's gonna be crazy!

Anonymous said...

Is that Trisha or Carrie Underwood on Trisha's new album cover?

She looks young and hot!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, on getting tickets!!!!! Its going to be blast for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, We'll all be there from Fri to Sunday!!
Me Wendy Harriet Bev and a bunch othes!!!
Woooo Whooooo!!

Unknown said...

Congrats J! I know everyone will have such a great time. Those of us who can't go expect full on details of everything afterwards. Gees, Garth and Trisha for 9 shows, I soo wish I could go. :-(

Anonymous said...

All my GB friends have pooled their tickets. When the dust settles and we actually have tickets in hand we WILL have extras!!

Plus the people at TM said all the tickets will get thrown back into the pot from people who bought more then 6 tickets on one CC from one address. So keep on checking back!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope to see you Lish...missed you at Forever Plaid since there wasn't an intermission, but maybe I'll catch you at Les Miz, unless I decide to pass since I've already seen it a couple of times.

Paula