Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Late Night Ramblings

The people have spoken! Or not spoken. Twice now, when I've blogged about Faith Hill. Zero reaction. She is now banned from my blog forevermore. From here on out, Tim is single. (ooh la la!)

Lots of photos to share tonight, most of them from the World of Bluegrass Convention. For instance... there is this little gem... which we saw headed our way about the time it left Memphis.

Kind of hard to miss it, eh? I saw Danny Roberts wandering around the Exhibit Hall today, but that's my only Grascal sighting so far. However - I have booked the Reigning Entertainers of the Year on our IBMA Awards pre-show -- they're on at the top of the show, 9pm ET on Thursday.

There are many differences between mainstream country and bluegrass, but one is definately the sponsorship element. Aside from MG and their Jim Beam bus, and the Oak Ridge Boys and their Red, White & BluBlocker bus, I can't think of anyone who puts logos on their bus like bluegrass artists. Right behind the Grascals was Rhonda Vincent's Martha White Tour bus. Rhonda was getting on it as I walked up, so I didn't take a photo... didn't want to look like I was stalking her. It was the bus I was after. But really. Can you imagine Rascal Flatts riding the Tennessee Pride Sausage bus?


The Nashville Convention Center marquis is broadcasting Bluegrass Junction this week, by the way.

Speaking of Rascal Flatts -- Amy Paige interviewed them a few days ago. You can listen in Thursday at 7:30am ET and Friday at 10am ET. I edited their chat, and let me tell you -- the best part of the conversation had to fall on the cutting room floor! Those boys liked having Amy talk to them... but it wasn't exactly "family friendly!!!" A Rascal who shall remain nameless has coined the phrase "Triple-X-M" - and he wasn't afraid to use it. You won't hear it in the interview, but you will hear their Kenny Chesney impersonation. Check it out Thursday or Friday morning!
Back to Bluegrass, here are some random shots from around the convention center, where you tripped over a musician sitting on the floor strumming something about every 12 feet.

Blogger seems to have had enough of my picture posting, so I'll save the others for tomorrow.

However, we still have the Never Ending Awards Show Query before us... what will J. wear?

I've decided to play Musical Awards Show Dresses. The sparkly long sleeved outfit I wore to last year's IBMA's can work for this year's CMA's, and my $11 dress from New Zealand that I wore to the ACM's in May shall be seen at this year's IBMA's, which knocks it down to $5.50 per wearing. However, I've never fixed the little Borchetta Wardrobe Malfunction that I had on the orange carpet, so I had better find where I packed the needle and thread...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait! I have a faith hill comment/question, but it concerns Reba too. Is it true that the next single off of Reba Duets is going to be the duet with Faith?

Anonymous said...

Hey....I thought there was no censorship on XM! :P

I really hope that there's someone there to work the magic zipper on the Kiwi dress as well! Wow. ;-)

Producer J. said...

Don't you go starting trouble little missy... This is not XM... this is my own personal little blog and I can do whatever I want. So there. :-P

I don't know about the next Reba single, but it would certainly be an excellent choice! I love that one, and the LeAnn Rimes duet.

They should be coming with that new Reba any second now... CD is out, the Kelly song has peaked... bring it on!

Ooh -- new Soundscan chart just arrived. Stand by!

jason said...

Hey J

Can you find out more info for us on the garth brooks concerts? Is there going to be more than one show? What network is he in talks with to broadcast this event?

thanks

Jason

Producer J. said...

Hey Jason -- If the demand is there, they've said they will add a second show. I don't think there's much doubt that the demand is there. He's at the OK Centennial on Friday night, which leads me to wonder if 2 shows is all we will get... or if he'll be beamed in from the concert stage to the event.

As for the network, I have no idea, but I'm sure if a TV special comes to fruition everyone will know in plenty of time to set their VCR's.