Thursday, October 11, 2007

Meanwhile... in the Big Apple...

I was supposed to be in New York City today. Thank goodness I wasn't, (trip got cancelled early in the week) because the whole world seemed to fall apart around me here in Nashville today. Unanswered Prayers.

The reason I was supposed to be there was for a Trisha Yearwood Artist Confidential taping. I am, however, counting on my New York contingency to bring me back all the juicy details in the form of a guest blog. I'm not sure I made it clear that was a pre-requisite for getting into the show, but it is. Check the fine print.

The next stop on the Producer J. World Tour is Central Illinois. It's Fall Break weekend, so Delaynie is off school Friday and Monday. We're heading out bright and early in the morning, so my relatives can entertain Delaynie (or vice versa) while I write the SEVEN shows that we are taping next week-- FOUR of which happen on Tuesday when I get back. I'm gonna need a vacation from my vacation!

For those of you in Central Illinois... it's Spoon River Drive weekend!

My husband was supposed to go with us... I have a cigarette lighter plug for my laptop... I was gonna type while he drove. Part of the world that crashed today involved his work, and now he can't go. If anyone sees a red F-150 crusing I-64 / I-55 through Illinois... watch out. The driver might also be typing.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garth is on Good Morning America on Monday, Oct. 15th.

Jennifer said...

Have fun and please don't type and drive. that just dosn't sound safe.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the Spoon River Drive!!! Ooooh... now I'm jealous. Rainy New England is doing nothing for my fall right now. Or maybe it's the 12 million hours of rehearsal I'm in right now. Bitter, what?

At any rate - have an AWESOME weekend, sorry things were nuts.

And... we better have a report from Miss NYC!

Anonymous said...

You're taking the truck? Holy cow! :P

Have a somewhat relaxing weekend, J. I'll be around if you need "research". :)

Producer J. said...

Thanks - I would TOTALLY be panicking if it weren't for my online intern!

As it is... I'm only mildly panicking. Much better.

Does panicking have a k in it? Panicing. Panicking. I'm gonna say it does.

I REALLY don't like getting up this early.

Lish, I'll eat some sort of junk food for you!

Pam said...

Have a safe trip !!!!!

Fall break weekend????? We don't have that but my kids do get the 2nd of November off because the Air Show is the next day and the school is right next to one of the runways and since air show practice is Friday......no school.

They also get Columbus Day off ( The joys of going to school on a military base......they get all the federal holidays off JOY JOY LOL) and a whole stinking week off for Thanksgiving. Sheesh. When I was in school we were lucky we got the day after Thanksgiving off.

Sharon said...

Hey - is DeLayne taking a keyboarding class? Maybe you could dictate and she could transcribe while you drive???? Great Practice for her keyboard skills (if she's learning that in school now)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! What a night!! Thank yo Joyce for such a special treat!! First of all the host was Bill Anderson!!! What a sweetheart!!
The room was small and intimate. Trisha had only Johnnie and Heather accompanying her. She was in excellent voice as usual. She was so honest and funny. She looks amazing.
She told the story of how she is opening for Garth. At first she said no because her CD is coming out on Nov 13th. He wasn't getting anyone to replace her.
On the morning of the sale Garth was making breakfast and had the phone on speaker. She said it must be like being on the floor of the stock exchange!!! "shall we open up another date?? Garth says YES! They say only XXX amount tix left... Another date?? Garth says YES!! She said NOW she wants to open up for him!!! The energy in the room was so charged. After all said and done she was like OH NOW what am I going to do about all the commitments for the CD. Of course that is all worked out!! LOL

Harriet will write a whole report for yall but she has a full weekend with friends from out of town and a Bat Mitzvah to go to !!
So she asked that you just be a lil patient!!!

Thanks again Joyce!!

Anonymous said...

have fun and a safe trip. Remember to keep at least one eye on the road ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Joe Nichols in rehab.

Didn't you have incriminating pics of him after he stiffed a guy that drove him home?

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/1571878/20071012/nichols_joe.jhtml

Anonymous said...

Joyce,

Hope all is ok and that your world comes back together soon. So cool that you had the NYC ladies to help you out :o)

Joann ~ Excellent that you all had an exciting time! Thanks for the awesome report and looking forward to reading more from Harriet.