Sunday, October 14, 2007

Garth news from the cornfields

*Pearl Records announced this week that they will make the online premiere of Garth Brooks' new music video for the record-breaking #1 hit "More Than A Memory" available exclusively via country radio station websites on Friday, October 19th at 10AM ET. The video will debut within an online player being dubbed 'The G-Player', a device housing exclusive commentary, photos, trivia, news and a release-day messaging campaign known as 'Wake Up With Garth'. The online player is part of their larger radio album premiere package which includes a one hour radio special plus an on-air and online 30 day countdown to the November 6th release of Garth Brooks: The Ultimate Hits.

That's from the weekly Big Machine Radio Report... which also says that Trisha will open all nine Garth shows. I know there's been talk that she might not be able to make them all.
BTW, for those spreading the "Taylor Swift is gonna open for Garth" rumors... check her tour schedule. Brad has her a little busy. LOL

Sadly... I was invited to a gathering tomorrow afternoon where Garth will debut the new music and videos... but I won't be back from Illinois yet to make it. Love ya Garth, but a girl can only get up so early! And really... after 8 hours of trucking through the cornfields, I don't make good company.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, glad to have Garth back in the media, pity you will miss tomorrow, but hey at least you are keeping busy!!

Anonymous said...

J.,

Do you know if there are any plans for a TEST DRIVE at XM for Carrie's new album Carnival Ride?

Producer J. said...

I don't know what a Test Drive is -- but it sounds like a show that should be on Highway 16!!! Can I swipe that?

I will be seeing Carrie later this week... gotta get through both Mr. and Mrs. Brooks first.

Anonymous said...

Cool on the online premiere. The G-Player has already been leaked at PG, with some radio stations already having a link available and content being streamed.

I think you need to be sure a proxy is available to attend that gathering and do a guest blog.

Hope you found some time to enjoy your weekend amidst all the writing.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Garth was AMAZING on Good Morning America!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, he was!! I was there!! WOW we are in for some ride in KC!!!

Talked to Mike, Mark, Dave and Jimmy too. They are still saying that they don't know about the Concert in the movie theaters.
Gordon Kennedy is gonna play guitar for them...

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous JoAnn!!! I missed all of it... hate my job. :)

Anonymous said...

But I got my pink Garth cd's!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Great performance!
I will try to order that pink cd too. If they ship abroad. It made me buy a pink ribbon today, so something good came out of it anyway :)

Anonymous said...

I may have called the show incorrect, it's where they debut cuts from the new album while the artist talks about the tracks. Similiar to what Brad Paisley did on Xm 16 couple month ago?

jason said...

hey J,

did garth say that there might be a dvd of the concert in KS or a tv special so more people will be able to see the concert?